Optix is a great platform for a coworking space. It helps you to manage memberships, payments and lets you automate printing in your space while using ezeep. When a member prints from their ezeep account, it will add as a charge to their Optix account so that it can be included on their invoice.
ezeep - giving users access to printers and organizations control over printing costs. Saving you money and getting work done.
Optix and ezeep integrates easily with a few steps of configuring. Your users can then print from any of their devices like their PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android or from Chrome/Chromebook extension. They will not have to add printer drivers to their device.
Not having to figure out which driver works on what device or Operating System is partly why using ezeep is the best solution for you and your users. You can install an ezeep app or use the web client to print from anywhere, that you have an internet connection, to your space’s printers. It’s easy! One less complication for you to worry about and get back to making money in your space. Inside of Optix, you can select the Optix plan to map to the ezeep Group.
You need two things to get started: an account with Optix and an account with ezeep.
- Navigate to https://www.optixapp.com/ to register for your Optix account.
- Create an account for ezeep at https://accounts.ezeep.com/auth/signup/
Now that you have both accounts created let’s set them up.
Techy Stuff: The service does work with an always-on PC, Windows 10 or Server 2008 r2 or higher machine that connects to our cloud through the internet. The connector app gets all of the printer information and uploads this connection to our cloud.
Install ezeep on your connector PC.
1. Go to your ezeep account dashboard via the link https://portal.ezeep.com enter your username/email address and password that you set up when you registered.
2. You will see, in the middle of the screen a message that reads: “Download ezeep for Desktop”
3. Click on and Download the “ezeep Connector for Window”
4. Install the connector software and login
5. Your Printer information will upload into your ezeep account
At this point, you need to configure your Optix account to import your users and group to your ezeep account.
You can just pause what you are doing or logout from the portal. We can always log back in.
Installing the integration & Signing Into ezeep
Installing the ezeep Integration
Installing ezeep in Optix is easy, follow these steps to get going!
- Navigate to Apps > Find New Apps in your admin dashboard
- Scroll down until you see the ezeep Application
- Click on the icon and select Install from the modal that pops up
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email your ezeep account is under and a request to 'set the account to post-paid' to finalize the ezeep integration on their end.
Signing into ezeep
Now that you have the ezeep application installed let's sign in with your existing ezeep account.
- Navigate to Apps > Manage Apps and find ezeep on the list
- Click the blue Configure button on the right
- Click Connect Account and input your ezeep credentials
Some of the configuration will take place in ezeep while some will happen in Optix.
ezeep Groups are linked to Plans in Optix, this means that when you assign a plan to a member, they will automatically be assigned an ezeep printing group which will provide them with the printing permissions set in that ezeep Group.
You will need to create an ezeep Group and then assign that Group a Policy within ezeep. The Policy dictates what printing permissions that Group has.
Once you have your Groups and Policies setup in ezeep you can map your ezeep Group to an Optix Plan.
To do this navigate to Apps > Manage Apps > Configure on the ezeep card.
Inside of Optix you can select the Optix plan you want to map to the ezeep Group. You'll see your Optix plans populated on the left and your existing ezeep Groups populate on the right. Simply align them to build the connection.
Above the mapping section you'll see additional options:
- Default Group - the ezeep Group that your Optix members will be put into if they are not in a plan or not in a plan associated with an ezeep Group. This is a catch-all, that does not rely on plans to work.
- Add printing costs from ezeep to Optix invoices - select if you want printing costs to be automatically added to a user or team's pending invoice, found in the user panel under invoices.
- Add printing costs to team invoices for users in teams - select if you want users printing costs to go to their team invoice, if that user is on a team, otherwise the user will be responsible for those printing costs.
- Remove Optix users from ezeep that are not on a mapped plan - this will remove users from your ezeep account if they are not associated with a plan that is mapped to an ezeep group.
As you can see, it's easy for your members to be given access to your printers. Integration with Optix is completely automated and will save you a lot of time.